IMAGE OF THE DAY

[No Pic For You!]

Monday, August 02, 2004

Another successful government program

Tama Starr decribes getting her company certified as a "Woman Owned Business" in order to compete for the 18% of contracts reserved for WOBs.

from the article:
In 1997 women owned 10.1 million American businesses (up from 6.4 million in 1992), or 46 percent (up from a third) of all domestic firms.

I asked my assistant to call me a cab. "I’m taking a limo to Park Avenue," I told her, "to get us approved as oppressed persons." She rolled her eyes.

I knew I was a fraud, participating in a charade for which Adam Smith should have ordered the whole lot of us taken out and shot.

Tama Starr is CEO of the Artkraft Strauss Sign Corporation in New York City. Her latest book is Signs and Wonders: The Spectacular Marketing of America (Doubleday/Currency).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home